Saturday, February 27, 2010

What? You Googled Yourself?


Yep, I did it, I googled myself (again) and this time I found some interesting things.
For one, I found something said about me as an artist (Musician).
It read:
Jimothyk has been around since the late nineties, playing everywhere and anywhere a guitar can be plugged into. His works air on Triple J, and his collaborations with Brisbane acts such as “Idle Cranes” continue to prove he is one of the best and longer lasting artists of the Brisbane Music scene.

Now I'm not sure this is a fair assessment of my history as a Brisbane musician, but the words are nice to hear anyway.
It's incredible to think how much of our personal life appears on the Internet and I suppose, it's mostly the fault of the individual. With the depth of social sites like Facebook, Myspace and even this one (Blogger), we are starting to become an online organism. I for one, do spend a lot of time contributing to the growth of my online personality but there is a fair amount that makes it's way onto the net without my knowing or consent. A little scary if you think about it but then again, you'd have to be a complete moron to allow yourself to be victim to any kind of identity theft (I presume).

Have you ever had your identity stolen?

No comments:

Post a Comment