Sunday, February 28, 2010

CubeDesktop


From my obsession for modern applications and futuristic designs, I have found a cool little application that enhances the Windows desktop GUI into a 3D experience. Applications like this have been used in Apple Macs with Spaces and I believe there is also Linux based apps similar as well. However, this is the best and most user friendly system compatible with Windows I have found to date.

The software is called CubeDesktop and has been developed for a company called Think In Bytes. The software goes for around $30 or so but they do have a demo download you can try first. Of course this is a little gimmicky but I for one found it quite an experience to behold.

Now that I've been using it for a while, I get onto other computers that I haven't got the software installed on and of course on countless occasions, find myself trying to trigger the desktop hot-keys to activate the virtual arrangements, looking for another desktop to use. It's a very light program and has many features you can manipulate, including; setting alternate wallpapers for all six virtual desktops, changing activation hot-keys, Modifying performance options, selecting the style of the switching display and much much more. I recommend this software mostly to those who want a little more style in there lives, without sacrificing functionality.



Think In Bytes:
http://www.thinkinbytes.com/en/home/

CubeDesktop:
http://www.thinkinbytes.com/en/products/cubedesktop/

No comments:

Post a Comment